We are excited to announce that Free Is Fun has joined Tsu, a new social network that pays you for posting. Unlike those other networks, Tsu only keeps 10% of the ad revenue and distributes the other 90% to its users!
Tsu, launched on October 14th, pays you for your post and when your posts are shared and liked.
Follow Free Is Fun on Tsu, we will follow you back and share in the sharing!
It's easy to join. Just click here and enter your name, username and email address.
Each Friday you can add another freebie to your cart with SavingStar. This weekend purchase ONE (1) any flavor 1.32 oz roll of Mentos® Chewy Mints. Check back every Friday for a new Freebie! Learn more about SavingStar here.
Wow! It's been almost an entire month since my last post! August was an an extremely busy month for me and I've done more traveling in 5 weeks than I normally do in a year.
One trip included visiting Niagara Falls. Summer is NOT the time to do that. We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Clifton Hill and I came up with the best deal I could (not too great) at the time. I even checked the deal sites but no deals were to be had.
Groupon is now offering deals at 7 hotels for your saving pleasure: The hotels include Ramada, Hilton, Marriot, Micheal's Inn, Sheraton, Days Inn and Best Western. Some of these are in New York and some are in Canada (passport needed). Each deal offers a different package that include winery tours, dining credits, casino credits and entertainment credits.
Topcashback is offering new members: FreeFerrero Rocher chocolates priced at $10.69. Sign up with Topcashback. Search Kmart and click the orange "Cashback" button. You will receive $12 back! Or: Get a free Slip 'n Slide priced at $6.98 from Toys R Us. Just search Toys R Us instead and follow the links for $8 cashback. Or: Get a free Disney Ariel, Fairies or Nintendo backpack priced at $10.39 and receive $12 back with this link. These deals are for new members only but is not limited to one member per household. Add only that item to your cart to get the full cashback. You can use SYWR to pay for Kmart items and still get the full cashback. These deals expire July 31st and are while supplies last.
If you need toilet paper this week, here is a deal from Staples. 1. Sign up with or into Topcashback for 3% cashback. (optional) 2. Enter Staples in the search box and click the orange "Cashback" buttons. 3. Add 4 Angel Soft Big Roll Bath Tissue, 2-ply, 24 roll/pack (item #445260) to your cart.
4. At checkout you will see instant savings of $3.28. Below the total, click the link to "add/edit coupons". Enter coupon code 15782 for an additional 20% off. The total will be $25.57 and shipping is free so no driving around town with a...load of TP. After cash back your total is $24.80 If you make this purchase you may be breaking the toilet paper rule for stocking up which is: If the price per sq ft is less than $0.01 you should stock up. In order to determine the price per sq ft you need the sq ft on the pack of TP. In the Staples example above I was able to tell from the picture that each pack is 528 sq ft X 4 packs=2112 sq ft. Take 2112 sq ft and always move your decimal point 2 spaces left = 21.12. If the cost of the pack is less than $21.12 you should stock up! Here's another example on a smaller scale. You are in the store and see the same pack of TP with 528 sq ft. If the price after sales and coupons are subtracted is more than $5.28 don't stock up.
I learned this rule a few years back so it may be harder to come by such a good deal. Paying $24.80 is still a great price especially if you are needing TP soon. Plus it's delivered right to your door free! I probably won't be doing this deal this time around as I just got 4 packs of TP free with Topcashback! Deal expires 7/26.